Visitors at the exhibition (Photo: NDO/Linh Bao)
NDO – The Ho Chi Minh City Fine Arts Association opened a silk painting exhibition on June 8.
The exhibition displays 102 silk paintings by 46 painters, capturing various topics of landscapes, daily life and people.
According to sculpture Nguyen Xuan Tien, Chairman of the Ho Chi Minh City Fine Arts Association, the exhibition marked the first step in bringing silk paintings closer to the public.
In the coming time, the association will organise events to encourage artists to draw silk paintings, thus contributing to honouring traditional Vietnamese art.
The organising board will select outstanding paintings from the exhibition to display at an event hosted by the Ho Chi Minh Fine Arts Museum this August.
- Exhibition celebrates Fine Arts Day
- Artist offers a new take on nude silk painting
- Hải Phòng exhibition features traditional folk paintings
- Ho Chi Minh City Fine Art Association hosts first ever online exhibition
- Local paintings go on display in Đà Nẵng
- Vibrant spring energy on show in art exhibition
- Sketches depict Đà Nẵng's past and present
- Painting exhibition propagates President Hồ’s ideals, encourages emulation
- The COVID-19 exhibition will open next week in Da Nang