Speaking at a ceremony in Hanoi, Deputy Minister of Defense Nguyen Chi Vinh highlighted the importance of enhancing international cooperation to fight COVID-19. The two countries will celebrate the 60th anniversary of bilateral ties this year. Vinh said the two sides agreed to work closely to prevent the disease from affecting bilateral defense ties.
“In the current context of the epidemic, mutual support for medical aid is evidence of comradeship, friendship, and solidarity between the two countries. The support will contribute to strengthening bilateral cooperation in health care,” said Vinh.
Cuban Ambassador to Vietnam Lianys Torres Rivera thanked the Vietnamese Party, State and people for the valuable gift to help the Cubans fight the disease more effectively.
- Cuba sends doctors and antiviral drugs to help Vietnam fight COVID-19
- Cuba assists Vietnam with medical team, antiviral drug for Covid-19 fight
- Vietnam-Russia defence cooperation not disrupted by COVID-19
- Top legislator receives Russian, Cuban diplomats
- Book on Fidel Castro and Vietnam friendship launched