Tran Thi Anh Tuyet wins a gold medal in the women's under 53kg categogy (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Vietnamese taekwondo team brought home two more gold medals in their third competition day at the ongoing 31st Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games 31) on May 18.
The first gold medal was won by Tran Thi Anh Tuyet in the women’s under 53kg category, the second by Nguyen Thi Huong in the under 73kg categogy.
Meanwhile, Pham Ngoc Cham missed the gold medal in the women’s 57kg as she failed to overcome the strong Thai rival Phananapa Harnsujin in the final match.
In the men’s under 63kg event, Ngo Quang Tien only won a silver medal after losing to Indonesian competitor Muhammad Raihan Bassam 3-14.
In the men’s 74kg event, Le Minh Vuong and Indonesia's Osanando Khairudin Naufal shared the bronze medal.
Competition of this sport will be held for the last day on May 19 at Tay Ho Gymnasium in Hanoi.
- SEA Games 31: Vietnam wins gold medals in taekwondo, fencing, and gymnastics
- SEA Games 31: wrestling brings six gold medals for Vietnam on first competition day
- Vietnamese athletes win more golds at ongoing SEA Games 31
- Vietnamese wushu athletes win three gold medals in first competing day
- SEA Games 31: Kurash athletes secure two more golds for Vietnam
- USA win Tokyo 2020's overall medal tally
- Vietnam tops SEA Games 31 medal tally with 125 golds
- SEA Games 31: Track and field athletes win additional two gold medals for Vietnam
- Paralympics daily wrap-up: USA reclaim 3rd place on the medal table