All vaccinated travellers arriving in Vietnam via air or sea checkpoints will no longer need to take a pre-departure COVID-19 test as restrictions for controlling the spread of the coronavirus are eased.
According to WHO, the COVID-19 epidemic has reduced both the number of cases and deaths around the globe; Basically, Covid-19 vaccination are still effective against variants of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Many countries have gradually relaxed anti-epidemic measures, including the requirement for COVID-19 testing for entry.
In Vietnam, after implementing many pandemic prevention solutions and effective control the COVID-19, which has brought positive results for the country.
The data showed, number of new cases and deaths in the country has decreased, the rate of COVID-19 vaccine coverage also reached highest level.
So, the Ministry of Health has issued a document directing the medical declaration for people entering Vietnam from April 27, 2022 to ensure the application of pandemic prevention measures, and at the same time create favorable conditions to promote economic recovery in accordance with the spirit of the Government’s Resolutions.
Vietnam Government has decided to suspend the requirement of testing for the SARS-CoV-2 virus for all international travelers before entering the country from May 15, 2022.
The Ministry of Health being asked to monitor the pandemic situation, promptly guides preventive measures, suitable translation.
- New Zealand suspends entry for travellers from India due to high COVID-19 cases
- Brazil health regulator says time to ease COVID travel restrictions
- Ho Chi Minh City sees sharp fall in numbers of COVID-19 deaths, hospitalised patients
- Beijing bars more foreign arrivals for fear of virus resurgence
- Foreign tourists can enter Vietnam even without COVID-19 vaccination certificates. Here’s how
- More drastic measures needed to cope with COVID-19 in Ho Chi Minh City
- COVID Deaths Continue to Decline in Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh City
- Where is Vietnam on the Covid-19 vaccination map?
- HCMC mandates Covid-19 test for people arriving from Da Nang