Illustrative image (Source: VNA)
NDO/VNA – A total 12,029 new cases of COVID-19 were recorded in the past 24 hours from 4pm April 20 to 4pm April 21, according to the Ministry of Health.
Hanoi continued to report the highest number of infections on the day with 986 cases, followed by Phu Tho with 836 and Quang Ninh with 550.
Dak Nong province supplemented 18,545 cases to the national tally after completing verification of information.
The national tally reached 10,533,164.
A total 8,693 COVID-19 patients were given the all clear on April 21, bringing the number of recoveries so far to 9,076,927.
There are 826 patients needing breathing support, while an additional 9 deaths were recorded in the past 24 hours, taking the total fatalities to 42,991, equal to 0.4 percent of the total caseload.
By April 20, the country had injected 210,560,185 doses of COVID-19 vaccines.
- COVID-19: National caseload tops 6.1 million on March 13
- COVID-19: 120,000 new cases recorded on March 24
- Two more COVID-19 cases recorded in April 4 afternoon
- COVID-19: Over 85,700 cases recorded on March 30
- Over 16,500 COVID-19 cases added to national tally
- COVID-19: New cases on January 5 total 17,017
- COVID-19: New cases on February 5 total 12,170
- Vietnam records over 78,700 new COVID-19 cases on Feb 25
- COVID-19: Additional 34,140 COVID-19 cases recorded