And according to American female astronaut Cady Coleman, it doesn’t matter where you come from, everyone works and lives together at the ISS as a family.
“The space inside the ISS is tight and always contains risks. And in my experience, when there are difficulties, we will sit together to find a way to overcome them. Everything is solvable if you work towards a common goal,” Coleman said.
Coleman said that American and Russian astronauts on the ISS always work together to solve everything, including life-or-death missions.
The International Space Station ISS was built based on cooperation between many countries, including: Russia, the US, Japan, Canada and member countries of the European Space Agency such as Belgium, Germany, and Spain. , Denmark, Italy, Netherlands, France, Norway, Switzerland and Sweden.
The first station modules were built by the US and Russia (since 1998). The ISS continued to be assembled with new modules for the next 20 years. Most of the space station activities are carried out by American and Russian cosmonauts.
Up to the present time, the ISS has a total of 15 main modules, 6 of which belong to Russia, 7 of the US, one of Europe and the other of Japan.
When the space shuttle program ended in 2011, the US was almost dependent on Russia to send astronauts to the ISS. This helps the US Space Agency (NASA) and the Russian Space Agency (Roscosmos) get closer together in space cooperation programs.
The cooperation between the US and Russia on ISS operations may soon change when NASA begins the SpaceX Dragon 2 spacecraft program. Once Dragon 2 is officially put into operation, the US use of spacecraft Russia to send astronauts to the ISS will also end.
Before the conflict in Ukraine, Russia announced plans to withdraw from the ISS by 2025 at the earliest.
- Nasa Looking for Four People to Live on Mars For A Year
- Chinese probe lands on Moon to gather lunar samples
- The first all-civilian crew to orbit the Earth splashed down in the Atlantic Ocean
- Russia to resume international flights to Vietnam and other countries
- Debuts publication marking historic outer space journey
- Russia to resume post COVID-19 flights to Vietnam
- HCMC authorities exploit, utilize urban underground space resources
- Mankind s first space hotel scheduled to open by 2027
- Amazon Big Boss Jeff Bezos to Make Historic Flight into Space