Ms. Tan Aik Hoon, Regional President, South Asia, Korea and Avnet United, said, “People have always been our most important resource in Avnet. Hence, partnering with tertiary organizations to groom the next generation of tech talents helps ensure the growth of both our industry and our organization. We are honored to be setting up an Innovation Lab at Nha Trang University with the support of valued suppliers. Together we have envisioned a dynamic environment where thoughts and ideas are transformed into products and solutions that make our world an even better place to live in.”
In accordance with the terms of the MOU, Avnet will provide development kits and work with teaching staff to develop courses of practical lessons in the first year. From the second year onwards, the courses will be attended by at least 100 students per semester.
Through the Innovation Lab, Avnet hopes to help close the gap between university learning and industry experience. Successful students will graduate with future-proof, workplace-ready skill sets, and the mindsets to contribute to the future innovation and evolution of technology.
Mr. Quach Hoai Nam, Vice-Rector, Nha Trang University, said, “This cooperation will greatly benefit our faculties and schools that are teaching subjects related to technology, automation, electricity and electronics and. In addition, it will also enrich our courses that are tailored to the traditionally important fisheries in the automation of monitoring, farming, fishing and shipping processes. It is incredibly exciting to think that lecturers and students will now have direct access to top industry leaders and many of the latest technologies and solutions on the market.”
This MOU with NTU is the second collaboration that Avnet has embarked on with Vietnam’s leading tertiary institutions. It follows an MOU with Hanoi University of Science and Technology, signed in 2017, to launch an IoT Masterclass Series for Engineering Students.
To learn more about how Avnet is helping transforming lives through education and innovation, please visit www.avnet.com.
As a leading global technology distributor and solutions provider, Avnet has served customers’ evolving needs for an entire century. Avnet supports customers at each stage of a product’s lifecycle, from idea to design and from prototype to production. Its unique position at the center of the technology value chain enables Avnet to accelerate the design and supply stages of product development so customers can realize revenue faster. For the past one hundred years, Avnet has been helping its customers and suppliers around the world realize the transformative possibilities of technology.
- Two Ivy League Universities Offer Vietnamese Language Courses For The First Time
- Vietnamese students win gold at international innovation contest
- Vingroup to cooperate with academies for master program on data science
- Facebook extends ‘Developer Circles Vietnam Innovation Challenge’ to Hanoi, continues to train 300 more students
- Shaping the Unknown Future Toward Smart City with the University of Economy HCMC
- HCM City to build sci-tech park in eastern innovation hub
- Hanoi university urged to be leading hub of innovation
- Vingroup cooperates with 5 universities and research institutes to study masters of data science
- Phenikaa University, Phenikaa-x, Viettel networks and Qualcomm join hands to develop the first Smart University mini-city in Vietnam