The areas of collaborations include: sustainable industrial park development, sustainable and reliable power system, renewable energy and technology and skills and capabilities building.
The signed agreements were presented to His Excellency Mr. Nguyen Xuan Phuc, President of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and key members of his Cabinet earlier today, on the sidelines of the President’s state visit to Singapore.
Wong Kim Yin, Group President & CEO, Sembcorp Industries, said, “Vietnam has been one of Southeast Asia’s fastest growing economies and is a core market in Sembcorp’s transformation strategy. The collaborations reaffirm our deep commitment to Vietnam. We look forward to working with like-minded partners as we create synergies to build a greener and more sustainable future for the country.”
As part of the Vietnam President’s state visit to Singapore, His Excellency Mr. Nguyen Xuan Phuc will also be visiting the Sembcorp Tengeh Floating Solar Farm on Tengeh Reservoir, one of the world’s largest inland floating solar photovoltaic systems.
Sembcorp has been a long-term partner of Vietnam since 1996, supporting Vietnam’s industrialisation through 11 VSIP integrated townships and industrial parks, and Phu My 3 power plant. As part of the Group’s strategy to transform its portfolio from “brown to green”, Sembcorp is also scaling up its investment in renewables in Vietnam.
- Research on rule-of-law socialist state should be more practical: State President
- Singapore tops list of investors in Vietnam
- Nguyen Xuan Phuc named State President
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc leaves for State visit to Cambodia
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc concludes Laos visit
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc meets with Gen. Raul Castro Ruz
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc pays official friendly visit to Laos
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc hopes for advanced Vietnam-Russia relationship
- Vietnam’s State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc nominates new prime minister