About 153,000 foreign passengers flew from/to Vietnam from the time the country launched a pilot program to resume international flights in January to February 14, according to the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam (CAAV).
With the lifting of restrictions on international passenger flights, foreign arrivals to Vietnam are expected to surge in the coming time and gradually recover to that before COVID-19 broke out, the authority said.
Related: Vietnam lifts restrictions on international flights starting next week
On February 15, or the first day of the reopening of regular international flights, Noi Bai airport in Hanoi saw 80 international flights, including 23 passenger flights.
Tan Son Nhat airport in Ho Chi Minh City served 94 international flights on the day.
Budget airline Vietjet Air and national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines have announced plans to increase flight frequency and resume international networks.
Earlier, the CAAV has asked the Vietnam Air Traffic Management Corporation (VATM) to issue a Notice To Airmen (NOTAM) on the lifting of all restrictions on international flights from February 15, returning to the normal situation as before the outbreak of COVID-19.
Also read: Vietnam’s airlines are beginning to restore international routes where they can
According to the authority, limits on the number of inbound and outbound international flights in Vietnam will be removed. Meanwhile, regulations on entry and pandemic prevention and control for passengers entering Vietnam will continue to be implemented in line with guidelines of the Ministry of Public Security, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the Ministry of Health, it said.
Except China, all the countries receiving Vietnam’s proposal have agreed to restore the aviation links with Vietnam, according to the report by Vietnam News.
- About 153,000 foreigners fly from/to Vietnam since pilot resumption of int'l flights
- Airlines ready to resume regular international flights
- 1,800 airline passengers arriving in Vietnam on first 3 days as regular international flights resumed
- Vietnam national flag carrier eyes to resume international flights starting July
- Vietnam to soon resume flights to China, Cambodia, Laos and Taiwan
- Aviation authority suggests limiting repatriation flights to Noi Bai, Tan Son Nhat
- Vietnam transport ministry to issue licenses for airlines operating international flights
- Vietnam’s aviation ready to fully recover international flights
- Ministry proposes reopening international flights in August
- Vietnamese carriers prepare to resume int‚Äôl flights