Vice President Vo Thi Anh Xuan presents certificates of merit to 'students with five good deeds'. (Photo: NDO)
NDO – Many students who have gained outstanding achievements in studying, with a series of highly-valued scientific research projects and professional articles, as well as in voluntary work for the community were honoured at the ceremony in Hanoi on January 5.
The ceremony was held to mark the 72nd anniversary of Vietnamese Students Day and the Vietnam Students’ Association, in the presence of Vice President Vo Thi Anh Xuan.
At the event, 109 outstanding students who are studying in the country and abroad were honoured with ‘Sao Thang Gieng’ (January Star) Awards for their high academic results and contributions to students’ movements.
In addition, the Vietnam Students’ Association awarded the ‘Student with five good deeds’ title to 291 individuals and 60 collectives.
The Ministry of Education and Training also presented 243 certificates of merit. Meanwhile, six ‘students with five good deeds’ received certificates of merit from the Ministry of Labour, War Invalids and Social Affairs.
At the ceremony, the delegates reviewed the 72-year development of the Vietnam Students’ Association.
Despite the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2021, the Association’s branches at all levels have made great efforts to overcome all challenges in developing creative movements and environments for students around the country.
- 99 teachers honoured for outstanding achievements
- 87 intellectuals honoured for outstanding contributions to the health sector
- Thua Thien-Hue: 229 students get Vallet scholarships
- 90 university valedictorians honoured at ceremony in Hanoi
- Outstanding young people with disabilities honoured
- Collectives and individuals in Japan honoured for contributions to community
- Science and technology talents awarded with Gloden Globe Awards
- STF grants scholarships to 20 Nghe An students
- 943 students with good academic performance honored in HCMC