Another record day of COVID-19 cases for Hanoi capital as total cases in Vietnam reached 15,936 on Monday.
The capital city made up 2,100 of these new cases. This is the highest number in the city since the start of the pandemic.
Among the new cases nationwide, 20 were imported and 15,916 local cases.
Related: First patient with Omicron in Vietnam recovered and discharged from hospital
The national caseload since the start of the pandemic now stands at 1,778,976. In the last seven days, the country has reported an average of 15,629 new infections daily.
To date, Vietnam has recorded a total of 24 Omicron cases, all imported cases from overseas that were quarantined on arrival, including one in Ha Noi, 14 in Quảng Nam Province, five in Hải Dương, along with the latest four cases reported today (two in Thanh Hoa Province, one in Hải Dương, and one in Hải Phòng).
A further 190 deaths were also announced across the country in Hồ Chí Minh City (31) An Giang (19), Đồng Thap (14), Vĩnh Long (13), Cần Thơ (13), Tay Ninh (12), Bình Dương (11), Bến Tre (10), Bình Phưoc (9), Ba Rịa – Vũng Tau (9), Sóc Trăng (8 ), Tiền Giang (7), Ca Mau (6), Bình Thuận (5), Bạc Lieu (5), Huế (4), Long An (3), Bình Định (2), Tra Vinh (2), Khanh Hoa (2), Kien Giang (2), Hậu Giang (2), Phu Yen (1).
The country’s COVID-19 death toll is now 33,021, or 1.9 per cent of the total infections.
The data showed, 6,427 patients nationwide are in serious condition, of which 771 are on invasive ventilation and 19 on life support (ECMO).
Also read: Students will be back to school next week as covid under control in many cities
A further 24,461 patients were given the all-clear on Monday, taking the total number of recoveries to 1,397,157.
Over 153.5 million doses of vaccine have been administered in the country to date; more than 77.7 million people have received at least one dose, according to Vietnam News Agency.
- New coronavirus cases in Vietnam’s capital city reached a new daily record
- After the first Omicron infection detected, Hanoi continues to record highest number of new Covid cases
- Hanoi sees record daily high of new Covid-19 cases
- First patient with Omicron in Vietnam recovered and discharged from hospital
- No new COVID-19 cases reported, Patient 91 discharged from hospital
- Vietnam reports 16,555 new coronavirus cases, Hanoi sees highest daily figure since start of pandemic
- Four imported cases of COVID-19 recorded on January 7
- July 31: Vietnam reports 45 coronavirus cases, highest ever daily caseload
- Vietnam reports 7,646 new COVID-19 cases on Nov. 7
- Vietnam logs 14,638 new COVID-19 cases on December 12