Hanoi residents are vaccinated against COVID-19. (Photo: Duy Linh)
NDO/VNA - Vietnam registered 17,000 new COVID-19 cases on December 30, the highest number the country has ever posted in a single daily update.
The total number of infections since the start of the pandemic stands at 1,714,742.
Twenty of the new infections were imported and the remaining domestic. New transmissions were reported in 61 provinces and cities across the country.
A total of 11,404 infections were detected in the community.
The capital city of Hanoi continued to be the leading locality on the list, with 1,866 cases.
Other localities that reported new transmissions were Ca Mau (1,008), Tay Ninh (935), Hai Phong (838), Khanh Hoa (788), Binh Phuoc (759), Ho Chi Minh City (697), Bac Lieu (666), Binh Dinh (620), Dong Thap (590), Vinh Long (586), Tra Vinh (579), Lam Dong (477), Thua Thien-Hue (439), Hai Duong (299), Bac Ninh (289), Phu Yen (289), Can Tho (287), Binh Thuan (277), An Giang (262), Quang Nam (233), Hung Yen (211), Tien Giang (203), Kien Giang (203), Ben Tre (196), Da Nang (185), Thanh Hoa (182), Ba Ria - Vung Tau (180), Soc Trang (180), Quang Ninh (165), Dong Nai (160), Ha Giang (160), Ninh Binh (160), Gia Lai (155), Hau Giang (153), Quang Ngai (141), Son La (129), Nghe An (123), Phu Tho (104), Lang Son (103), Nam Dinh (102), Dak Nong (100), Ha Nam (98), Vinh Phuc (96), Binh Duong (96), Dak Lak (69), Quang Tri (59), Cao Bang (58), Thai Binh (58), Ninh Thuan (57), Long An (53), Thai Nguyen (50), Hoa Binh (47), Bac Giang (46), Lao Cai (44), Tuyen Quang (21), Dien Bien (17), Yen Bai (14), Quang Binh (13), Lai Chau (4) and Bac Kan (1).
Up to 34,102 patients were declared recovered from the disease, with 1,336,644 people across the country having been given the all-clear so far.
More than 149.3 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered nationwide.
A further 240 fatalities related to COVID-19 were confirmed on the day.
Vietnam's national COVID-19 related death toll stands at 32,168, about 1.9 percent of total infections, ranking 26th out of 224 countries and territories worldwide.
- Vietnam reports 7,244 new COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam reports 16,555 new coronavirus cases, Hanoi sees highest daily figure since start of pandemic
- Vietnam records additional 3,797 COVID-19 cases on October 15
- Vietnam reports 4,195 new COVID-19 infections on July 19
- Vietnam now stands 31st among 223 countries worldwide in the number of Covid infections
- Vietnam logs 14,872 new COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam records additional 9,605 COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam reports 5,383 new cases of COVID-19 on October 4
- Vietnam documented 13,109 additional COVID-19 infections
- Vietnam logs additional 12,103 COVID-19 cases