VJA Chairman and Nhan Dan Editor-in-chief Le Quoc Minh speaking at the event (Photo: Thanh Dat)
NDO/VNA - A preparatory session of the 11th national congress of the Vietnam Journalists Association (VJA) for the 2020-2025 tenure was held in Hanoi on December 30, with the participation of more than 550 delegates representing over 27,000 VJA members nationwide.
In his opening remarks, VJA Chairman Le Quoc Minh, who is also Editor-in-Chief of Nhan Dan (People) Newspaper and deputy head of the Party Central Committee’s Commission for Information and Education, said the congress takes place in the context of the entire Party, army and people striving to successfully implement the Resolution adopted at the 13th National Party Congress.
The delegates will review the realisation of the resolution adopted at the previous VJA congress and other documents regarding the operation of the association, he said.
Notably, a new executive board will be elected for the 2020-2025 tenure, bringing together journalists who have good virtue, capacity and prestige, according to Minh.
The tasks and solutions to be presented at the congress will practically contribute to building the Vietnamese revolutionary press, towards modernity, professionalism and humanity, he said, adding that the Vietnamese press circle is expected to actively integrate into regional and international press.
On December 29, the standing board of the VJA held a congress for Party members, gathering 500 delegates.
- 13th National Party Congress to open next week
- 13th Party Congress mulls over documents
- The 13th National Party Congress attended 1 587 delegates
- Press release on opening session of 13th National Party Congress
- The 13th National Party Congress to finish early
- Party Congress continues discussion of draft documents on January 28
- Hanoi launches Press Centre to serve 17th Party Congress
- New HCMC Party Secretary makes his first official appearance
- Preparations for 13th National Party Congress basically completed
- Delegates attend preparatory session of Vietnam’s 13th National Party Congress in Hanoi