A senior citizen in Dong Thap Province is vaccinated against COVID-19.
NDO/VNA - Vietnam recorded 15,895 COVID-19 infections, including 12 imported cases, during 24 hours from 4pm December 17 to 4pm December 18, according to the Ministry of Health.
Ca Mau posted the highest number of infections with 1,341, followed by Hanoi with 1,244 and Ho Chi Minh City with 1,019.
Vietnam has so far documented 1,524,368 coronavirus infections.
On December 18, the country saw 248 deaths from the disease. The death toll now hits 29,351.
A further 1,645 patients were given the all-clear on the same day, taking the total number of recoveries to 1,097,163.
According to the Ministry of Health’s report, 7,895 patients nationwide are in serious conditions, with 933 requiring invasive ventilation and 19 on life support (ECMO).
A total of 137,574,609 doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in Vietnam, with more than 60.79 million people now fully inoculated.
- COVID-19: New cases on December 7 top 13,840
- Vietnam records 14,839 COVID-19 cases on December 10
- COVID-19: New cases on December 4 top 13,998
- COVID-19: New cases on January 5 total 17,017
- COVID-19: Additional 15,527 cases confirmed on December 15
- Vietnam records 4,513 COVID-19 infections on October 9
- Vietnam reports 3,985 COVID-19 cases, 5,202 recoveries on October 22
- COVID-19: 3,221 cases added to national count
- COVID-19: Vietnam reports 3,528 cases on October 10