Deputy PM Le Van Thanh (right) and Vice Chairman of the Lao National Assembly Sommad Pholsena (Photo: VGP)
NDO/VNA – The Party, Government, and people of Vietnam always attach importance to enhancing the friendship, special solidarity, and comprehensive cooperation between Vietnam and Laos, Deputy Prime Minister Le Van Thanh told Vice Chairman of the Lao National Assembly (NA) Sommad Pholsena during their meeting in Hanoi on December 7.
The Lao guest is accompanying NA Chairman Xaysomphone Phomvihane during an official visit to Vietnam from December 6 to 8.
Sommad Pholsena thanked the Vietnamese Party, State, and people for consistently supporting and assisting his country in socio-economic development.
In particular, he noted, they helped Laos build a new NA building which was put into operation last August.
The Vice Chairman, who is also head of the steering committee for the Lao NA building project, expressed his hope that Vietnam will continue cooperating with and helping his country to operate this building. He also suggested the commendation of collectives and individuals with considerable contributions to this project.
The host official said this building is critically important to bilateral cooperation and serves as a symbol of the countries’ special solidarity, noting that Vietnam will keep helping Laos with the building operation and maintenance.
The Vietnamese Ministry of Construction has also been asked to continue working closely with the Lao side to complete procedures and reward those with substantial contributions to the project, the Deputy PM added.
- Top Vietnamese, Lao legislators hold talks
- Vietnam, Laos seek to boost legislative cooperation
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc arrives in Vientiane
- Lao top legislator wraps up official visit to Vietnam
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc concludes Laos visit
- Friendship Associations of Vietnam and Laos Plan 2022 Activities
- Newly elected National Assembly Chairman holds phone talks with Lao counterpart
- Vietnamese front leader meets with Lao parliamentary leader
- Ceremony marks 60th anniversary of Vietnam sending public security experts to Laos
- HCMC chairman becomes vice chair of Party’s Economic Commission