NA Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue speaks at the fifth meeting of the NA Standing Committee. (Photo: NDO)
NDO/VNA – The Standing Committee of the 15th National Assembly (NA) will convene its sixth meeting in Hanoi in on December 8 - 10 and December 21 - 22, with preparations for an extraordinary session of the parliament among issues high on the agenda.
The NA Office announced on December 7 that the Standing Committee will discuss a draft law amending and supplementing some articles of the laws on public investment, public - private partnership investment, bidding, electricity, enterprises, special consumption tax, and enforcement of civil judgments; and a draft resolution on piloting some special mechanisms and policies for the development of Can Tho city.
It will consider permitting the implementation of several healthcare-related mechanisms and policies to serve the COVID-19 combat; and extending the duration of goods storage at duty-free stores, warehouses of firms selling duty-free goods, and bonded warehouses.
The Standing Committee will look into the Government’s report on management costs of social and unemployment insurance in 2019 - 2021 and make decisions on the costs for 2022 - 2024. It will also give opinions on a draft plan to make fiscal and monetary mechanisms and policies supporting the implementation of the socio-economic recovery and development programme, as well as on the investment in the eastern North - South Expressway project in 2021 - 2025.
During this meeting, legislators will discuss the preparations for an extraordinary session of the NA and consider the Standing Committee’s work programme for 2022. The external affairs and international cooperation in 2021 and 2022 of the Standing Committee and other NA agencies will also come into consideration.
- NA Standing Committee convenes sixth session
- NA to convene extraordinary session from January 4-11
- NA Standing Committee prepares for upcoming thematic meeting
- NA Standing Committee mulls over law, ordinance building programme
- NA Standing Committee discuss public opinions
- National Assembly Standing Committee's 3rd session to open on September 13
- 15th NA Standing Committee to give opinions on personnel work
- Debt collection service businesses must meet strict conditions
- NA Standing Committee proposes four matters under supervision in 2022
- NA Standing Committee convenes 57th meeting