COVID-19 testing (Photo: DUY LINH)
NDO/VNA – Vietnam recorded 13,998 cases of COVID-19 in 57 localities during 24 hours from 4pm December 3 to 4pm December 4, including 5 imported cases, according to the Ministry of Health.
Ho Chi Minh City continued to record the highest number of infections with 1,636, followed by Can Tho with 998 and Tay Ninh with 787. Binh Duong also registered an additional 28,000 cases in the national data system after verifying information from previous days.
The national tally reached 1,294,778.
According to the Ministry of Health’s report, 6,788 patients nationwide are in serious conditions, with 665 requiring invasive ventilation and 14 on life support (ECMO).
On the day, the country saw 203 deaths from the disease. The death toll now hits 24,118.
A further 1,107 patients were given the all-clear, taking the total number of recoveries to 1,007,566.
By December 3, the country had injected over 126.84 million doses of vaccines to date, with more than 53.69 million people now fully inoculated.
- COVID-19: New cases on December 7 top 13,840
- Vietnam records 14,839 COVID-19 cases on December 10
- Vietnam records 15,895 COVID-19 cases on December 18
- COVID-19: Additional 15,527 cases confirmed on December 15
- COVID-19: New cases on January 5 total 17,017
- Vietnam reports 3,985 COVID-19 cases, 5,202 recoveries on October 22
- COVID-19: 7,504 new cases added to national tally
- COVID-19: Vietnam reports 3,528 cases on October 10
- COVID-19: 3,221 cases added to national count