At the working session between Vietnamese Minister of Education and Training Nguyen Kim Son and Switzerland’s State Secretary for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) Martina Hirayama on November 26. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Vietnamese Minister of Education and Training Nguyen Kim Son and Switzerland’s State Secretary for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) Martina Hirayama on November 26 discussed measures to improve the efficiency of educational cooperation between the two countries.
Their working session took place within the framework of President Nguyen Xuan Phuc’s official visit to Switzerland.
Son suggested strengthening collaboration between Vietnamese and Swiss universities, covering training programmes in such areas as tourism, hotel, insurance, banking and high-tech, along with innovation.
The two sides should step up the exchange of lecturers and students, and establish research groups that gather professors from Vietnamese and Swiss universities, he said.
The minister said during a meeting with President Nguyen Xuan Phuc, Swiss President Guy Parmelin had suggested the five leading universities of Switzerland beef up cooperation with Vietnamese universities.
For her part, Hirayama showed her support for the Vietnamese side’s proposals, saying the two countries’ state management agencies play a significant role in this regard.
On this occasion, Son expressed his hope that Switzerland will provide more scholarships for Vietnamese students, helping the Southeast Asian nation improve the quality of human resources.
Son invited the Swiss official to visit Vietnam and work with the Vietnamese Ministry of Education and Training.
Hirayama accepted the invitation with pleasure, saying she hopes that the two sides will work together to promote the bilateral educational cooperation.
- Vietnamese President meets head of Swiss National Council
- Vietnam, Russian seek to advance educational ties
- Vietnam, New Zealand renew education cooperation
- Deepening multifaceted cooperation between Vietnam and Switzerland
- There remains room for stronger Vietnam-Switzerland economic, trade ties: Officials
- President to pay official visits to Switzerland, Russia
- President co-chairs Vietnam - Switzerland Business Forum
- President meets with WIPO Director General in Geneva
- Potential for Vietnam-Switzerland cooperation in digital transformation: experts
- Vietnam and Switzerland: Half a century of fruitful cooperation