President Nguyen Xuan Phuc has expressed his hope that his upcoming visit to Russia will contribute to creating new momentum for the bilateral comprehensive strategic partnership. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – President Nguyen Xuan Phuc has expressed his hope that his upcoming visit to Russia will contribute to creating new momentum and breakthroughs to further deepen the Vietnam-Russia comprehensive strategic partnership.
The President will lead a high-ranking Vietnamese delegation to pay an official visit to Russia from November 29 to December 2, at the invitation of his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin.
Sharing with the Sputnik news agency about his selection of Russia as one of the first countries to visit in his capacity as the head of the Vietnamese State, Phuc said the visit demonstrates the importance the Vietnamese Party, State and people attach to the bilateral ties as well as President Putin, a close friend of Vietnamese people.
According to President Phuc, he and President Putin will review the Vietnam-Russia relations and seek major strategic orientations to elevate the comprehensive strategic partnership to a new height across spheres.
Meanwhile, Sputnik described Phuc’s visit as an impulse that helps to create new breakthroughs for the comprehensive strategic partnership, thus bringing benefits to Vietnamese and Russian people.
Before Russia, the Vietnamese President will visit Switzerland from November 25 to 29.
- President to pay official visits to Switzerland, Russia
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc holds phone talk with Russian counterpart
- Vietnamese Party chief, Russian president hold phone talks on bilateral cooperation
- Putin says constitutional changes are the right thing for Russia
- Leaders extend congratulations on Russia Day
- Putin set to visit Vietnam, thanks government for COVID-19 assistance
- Russia to discuss Sputnik-V production cooperation with Vietnam
- President Putin says Russia is ‘first’ to develop coronavirus vaccine
- Party chief holds phone talks with Russian President