Vietnam Health authorities confirmed 11,789 new Covid-19 cases Wednesday, up 663 from Tuesday.
Among the new cases, HCMC still has the highest infection rate with 1,666 cases, followed by Can Tho with 766 cases, Tay Ninh with 754 cases, Binh Duong with 696, and Dong Tham with 625 cases, the capital city of Ha Noi recorded 274 new cases.
Related: Vietnam confirmed 10,321 new Covid-19 infection cases
The health ministry also confirmed 125 Covid-19 fatalities Wednesday, including 62 in HCMC, 16 in Binh Duong and 11 in Dong Nai.
Vietnam’s death toll since the start of the pandemic is at 24,243, or 2.1 percent of the total infections.
In the fourth wave which hit Vietnam almost seven months ago, more than 1.15 million people have been infected. Of them, 934,444 have recovered.
The data showed, 45.1 million of Vietnam’s 96-million population have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
- Vietnam records 8,788 new Covid-19 cases Wednesday, down 807 from Tuesday
- Vietnam reaches 728,435 Covid cases, death toll surpasses 18,000
- Covid-19: Hanoi records 96 new cases, Vietnam total cases reach 377,245
- Covid-19: 5,224 new cases recorded in Vietnam, fully vaccinated can still get the virus
- Covid-19: Vietnam confirms 8,385 new cases and 388 deaths
- Covid-19: Vietnam logs 9,150 new cases as vaccination campaign reaches over 13 million people
- Vietnam logs 5,382 new Covid-19 cases, tally of the fourth wave reaches 809,376.
- Vietnam records 2,105 local Covid-19 cases in 18 localities over the last 12 hours
- Vietnam sees the highest daily Covid cases since the country ended months of lockdown
- Covid-19: Vietnam reports 13,101 new cases, over 21 million people vaccinated