President Nguyen Xuan Phuc (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – President Nguyen Xuan Phuc will lead a high-ranking Vietnamese delegation to pay official visits to Switzerland and Russia from November 25 to December 2.
The visits will be made at the invitations of Swiss President Guy Parmelin and Russian President Vladimir Putin, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In 1971, Switzerland became one of the first Western countries to establish diplomatic relations with Vietnam.
Meanwhile, Vietnam and the Soviet Union (now Russia) set up their diplomatic ties on January 30, 1950.
- Congratulations sent to Switzerland on National Day
- President visits Vietnam-Russia Tropical Centre
- Leaders extend congratulations on Russia Day
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc holds phone talk with Russian counterpart
- President Putin says Russia is ‘first’ to develop coronavirus vaccine
- Putin says constitutional changes are the right thing for Russia
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc pays official friendly visit to Laos
- Vietnam-Switzerland cultural festival marks 50th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc visits historical sites in HCMC