A session of the NA Standing Committee (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA - The National Assembly (NA) Standing Committee during its fifth sitting on November 22 reviewed the second session of the 15th legislature and gave opinions on the preparations for a thematic meeting in December and the third session of the 15th NA.
Secretary General of the NA and Chairman of the NA Office Bui Van Cuong said regarding the thematic meeting slated for next month, the NA is to consider a bill amending and supplementing some articles of 10 laws; a project to construct the eastern part of the North-South expressway for the 2021-25 period; and a pilot programme to separate land clearance and re-settlement from investment projects.
It will also scrutinise a draft resolution on piloting some specific mechanisms and policies for the development of the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho; a project to build fiscal and monetary mechanisms and policies for timely implementation of the socio-economic recovery and development programme.
The NA Secretary General proposed holding the meeting via videoconference. He also suggested the NA’s irregular meeting should be held for 4-5 days in early January 2022.
The legislators are to work for 18 days during the third session of the 15th NA, which is scheduled for late May 2022. They will spend most of the duration on lawmaking work and about two and a half days on the question and answer session.
Online sessions may be held in case the COVID-19 pandemic remains rampant.
In his concluding remarks, NA Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue urged the NA Standing Committee to start giving opinions on the third session.
He underlined that the thematic meeting next month will only address urgent, precipitate and essential matters and the organisation of an irregular one depends on preparation work.
- NA Standing Committee mulls over law, ordinance building programme
- 15th NA Standing Committee to give opinions on personnel work
- 15th National Assembly elect Vice Chairmen, members of Standing Committee
- Second session of 15th National Assembly opens
- National Assembly Standing Committee's 3rd session to open on September 13
- NA passes resolution on specific policies for development of four localities
- NA Standing Committee discuss public opinions
- Meeting examines preparations for upcoming general election
- NA Standing Committee convenes 57th meeting