President Nguyen Xuan Phuc meets with leaders of the Vietnam-Russia Tropical Centre in Hanoi. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – President Nguyen Xuan Phuc on November 22 visited the Vietnam-Russia Tropical Centre in Hanoi, during which he lauded the centre's outstanding achievements over the past 30 years.
With the engagement of many scientific organisations of Russia and Vietnam, the centre has obtained important attainments in scientific research, focusing on tropical ecology, tropical endurance, and tropical biomedicine, as well as personnel training, he noted.
Especially, the centre has effectively applied modern equipment sponsored by Russia in COVID-19 prevention and control activities in many localities.
The research outcomes of the centre have contributed to dealing with security problems in both countries, reducing man-made disasters’ impacts, and extending the service life of military equipment and improving occupational health for military personnel in particular working conditions.
The centre has successfully built a SARS-CoV-2 testing procedure that has been recognised by the Ministry of Health, said the President.
He asked the centre to closely combine fundamental research with applied research as well as technology application and transfer, while strengthening the use of researching results and developing products with high science-technology contents.
The centre should expand research cooperation, modernising its infrastructure and technology to meet the demand of science-technology development in the new period, promoting its advantages in directly cooperating with and connecting science-technology and production facilities in Vietnam, Russia and other countries.
President Phuc said he believes that the centre will continue to make more achievements in the time to come, contributing to building elite and modern military and further promoting Vietnam-Russia friendship.
- Vietnam Russia Tropical Centre helps HCM City with Covid 19 testing
- Defense Minister calls for more science-technology cooperation with Russia
- COVID-19 fails to disrupt joint Vietnam-Russia defence co-operation
- Vietnam, Russia establish new centre to step up cancer treatment cooperation
- President visits Cuba's leading biotechnology centre
- Russian citizens in Khanh Hoa vote in legislative elections amid COVID-19
- Vietnam-Russia defence cooperation not disrupted by COVID-19
- Leaders extend congratulations on Russia Day
- FM Bui Thanh Son meets Vietnamese community in Russia