Illustrative image (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA - School culture contributes to promoting and improving the quality of education, and developing qualified and talented human resources that can meet the increasing requirements of the renewal cause and international integration, National Assembly (NA) Vice Chairman Tran Thanh Man told the Vietnam Education Conference on November 21.
Therefore, improving the school culture is an urgent and important task, especially in the context that the COVID-19 pandemic is seriously affecting all aspects of the social life, including the education and training field, NA Vice Chairman Man stressed.
Over the past time, the education sector has had many solutions to build school culture, creating a healthy pedagogical environment. However, he pointed out several shortcomings, including the dishonesty in teaching and learning and in testing and evaluation, unstandardised behaviours of a few number of students and teachers, as well as school violence and child abuse in some educational institutions, thus affecting the quality of teaching and learning.
The NA Vice Chairman showed his hope that the conference would propose practical solutions and policies to create a change in both awareness and action, towards a positive school culture environment.
The Vietnam Education Conference was jointly held by the NA Committee for Culture and Education, the Ministry of Education and Training and the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
Delegates touched on school culture from State management agencies’ viewpoints; Vietnamese and foreign experts’ opinions on the issue; and challenges, policy recommendations and solutions. They also scrutinised school culture and its relations with internal and external factors, and in the context of digital transformation and integration.
Since 2017, the annual conference has offered a forum for NA deputies, domestic and foreign experts, and educators to share experience and discuss education-training issues and put forward solutions, mechanisms and policies for effective implementation.
- Ministry of Education and Training presents education equipment to Nguyen Du Lao-Vietnamese Bilingual School
- Ho Chi Minh City congratulates nearly 1000 excellent students
- Education sector to improve vocational training scale and quality
- HCMC recruits 514 teachers, employees in education sector for new school year
- Unitel helps Nguyen Du bilingual school improve quality
- "Building a society of learning in the 2021-2030 period " project approved
- Education sector in HCMC identifies digital transformation as key task
- Binh Duong Province emphasizes skilled human resources
- 23 million Vietnamese students enter new academic year
- HCM City official calls for solutions to school-parents conflicts