Delegates at the gift-giving event (Photo: NDO/Linh Bao)
NDO – The Ho Chi Minh City Committee for Overseas Vietnamese Affairs on November 19 presented 500 gifts worth 1 billion VND and 15,000 face masks to support Vietnamese expatriates and people in difficult circumstances in Laos who are affected by COVID-19.
The gift packages were handed over to the Vietnamese Consulate General in Pakse, the Vietnamese Consulate General in Savannakhet, and the Vietnamese Associations in the provinces of Champasak, Attapeu and Savannakhet, who will help to deliver the gifts to people in need.
The move aimed to help Vietnamese expats and Lao people overcome difficulties caused by COVID-19 while contributing to fostering the solidarity and friendship between the two countries.
The gifts were given within the 2.5 billion VND (over 108,000 USD) aid package sourced from the city’s COVID-19 prevention and control fund to assist COVID-19-affected Overseas Vietnamese and disadvantaged people in Cambodia and Laos.
Previously, gifts worth 1.5 billion VND were offered to Vietnamese Cambodians and needy people in Cambodia.
- HCM City gifts USD 25 653 to Champasak Friendship Primary School
- Vietnam provides aid to people affected by COVID-19 in Cambodia
- Vietnam localities gift medical supplies to support Laos Covid 19 fight
- Vietnam Consulate General in Cambodia sent gifts to support Preah Sihanouk against pandemic
- Vietnamese localities Consulate General in Luang Prabang support Laos in Covid 19 battle
- USD 25 600 donated for equipment purchase for Friendship Primary School in Champasak Laos
- COVID-19: Vietnamese in Malaysia receive gifts
- Phat Tich Pagoda in Vientiane presents gifts to overseas Vietnamese
- Friendship Unions Support Struggling Friends Across the World