NA Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue speaking at the event (Photo: NDO/Khieu Minh)
NDO - National Great Unity - Vietnam Cultural Heritage Week 2021 kicked off on November 18 at the Vietnam National Village for Ethnic Culture and Tourism in Dong Mo Tourism Area in Son Tay Town, Hanoi, in the presence of National Assembly (NA) Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue.
The week, jointly held by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and the Vietnam Fatherland Front (VFF) Central Committee, is among a series of activities to celebrate the VFF’s 91st traditional day (November 18, 1930 - 2021) and the 76th Vietnam Cultural Heritage Day (November 23, 1945 - 2021).
The event aims to honour exemplary models from ethnic minority communities throughout the country as well as the efforts to preserve and promote ethnic cultural identities while promoting traditional culture and the spirit of mutual support and patriotism among Vietnamese people at home and abroad.
Addressing the opening ceremony, NA Chairman Hue said that solidarity is a precious tradition of Vietnam, stressing that the Party and President Ho Chi Minh always attach great importance to consolidating the great national unity bloc.
He asked the VFF and its member organisations to take more drastic measures to contain the COVID-19 pandemic, protect the people's health, and foster the implementation of the campaign on studying and following President Ho Chi Minh's ideology, morality and style.
The VFF was also requested to mobilise people’s participation in upholding national solidarity, preserving the historical and cultural values of ethnic groups while uniting Vietnamese people from all walks of life both at home and abroad in order to foster the country’s comprehensive and sustainable development.
A performance at the event (Photo: NDO/Khieu Minh)
- Various activities celebrating National Day at cultural village
- Central Highlands ethnic cultural festival to be held in May
- Culture-Tourism Village to host cultural activities welcoming spring
- Wildflowers - Chu Dang Ya Volcano Week opens in Gia Lai
- Vietnam Ethnic Groups’ Cultural Day 2021 opens
- Ethnic minority festival postponed for second time
- Kon Tum to host cultural festival for ethnic groups next month
- Ao Dai seeks recognition as a national intangible cultural heritage
- The Muong Lo Cultural and Tourism Festival presents the xoè Thái