Aircraft at Tan Son Nhat Airport (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA - Spokeswoman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) Le Thi Thu Hang on November 18 provided more information about Vietnam’s plan to resume regular international commercial flights and the application of “vaccine passports”.
At the ministry's regular press conference, she said under the Government’s Resolution No 128, issued on October 11, on safe and flexible adaptation to and effective control of the COVID-19 pandemic, relevant agencies have carried out many measures to facilitate production and business recovery, boost socio-economic development, and bring people’s life back to the new normal.
On November 8, the Ministry of Transport submitted to the Prime Minister a plan to resume regular international flights between now and the third quarter of 2022 in order to tackle difficulties facing aviation businesses. The move is also meant to promote economic and tourism recovery in the country and meet people’s demand for air travel, thus helping with socio-economic recovery and development, and international integration in the new normal.
Hang added the Government recently approved the MOFA’s proposal on the application of “vaccine passports” and agreed in principle on the expansion of the group of people with vaccine passports allowed to enter Vietnam, including overseas Vietnamese and their families coming to the country to visit relatives and travel as regulated in the Government’s Decree No. 82 on visa exemption for overseas Vietnamese and foreigners who are their wives/husbands/children, or Vietnamese citizens.
The ministry is coordinating with relevant agencies to complete detailed instructions for applying vaccine passports at an appropriate point of time, according to the spokeswoman.
- Many countries plan to resume regular commercial flights to Vietnam
- Vietnam getting ready to resume international flights
- Vietnam To Resume International Flights In January
- Airlines await “vaccine passports” for resumption of international flights
- Vietnam proposes to resume commercial flights to Japan South Korea this September
- Vietnam will resume regular commercial flights with Japan, South Korea and Taiwan
- Deputy PM urges accelerating process for vaccine passport recognition
- CAAV proposes to partly resume international air routes in Q4
- Vietjet Air to resume flights to several Asian destinations