Two days after allowing bars, clubs, massage and karaoke parlors to reopen, HCMC on Thursday ordered them to close down amid complex Covid-19 situations.
More stories at Vietnam Insider’s homepage.
The order issued on Thursday by the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee, bars, dance clubs, spa, massage and karaoke parlors will be suspended until further notice.
The municipal Department of Health will be responsible for building Covid-19 safety protocols for businesses and services like bars, spa and massage parlors, the document said.
Karaoke and massage parlors, bars and night clubs in HCMC have been closed for around seven months now. There are around 680 such establishments in the city.
Cinemas and libraries are still allowed, but all employees and participants must either be fully vaccinated with two doses, recovered from Covid-19 or test negative for the coronavirus within the last 72 hours.
- HCM City continues closing bars, dance clubs, karaoke parlors, gyms
- Vietnam allows resumption of disco, karaoke parlors
- Why aren’t discos, bars, karaoke parlors, and indoor sports facilities reopened in Ho Chi Minh City?
- Bars karaoke parlors in HCMC City ignore regulations on Covid 19 prevention and control
- Non-essential services in Haiphong allowed to reopen
- Haiphong closes bars, discos, karaoke parlors
- HCMC allows bars, cinemas to reopen in low-risk area to resume
- More local tourism attractions reopen as Covid-19 brought under control
- Hanoi closes bars, clubs, and karaoke