Nearly 8,200 new COVID-19 infections reported in Vietnam on Sunday, bringing the national tally to 1,026,522, according to the Ministry of Health.
The country also saw 64 deaths from the disease on Sunday, the death toll has now hit 23,082, accounting for 2.2 per cent of total infections.
Of the new cases, 13 were imported while 8,163 were locally transmitted. More than 3,700 cases were detected in community, outsides of quarantine or locked down areas.
HCMC continued to record the highest number of infections with 985, followed by An Giang with 695, Đồng Nai 674 and Bình Dương 623 and Hanoi reported 88 new COVID-19 cases on Sunday. Compared with the previous day, the number of new infections fell by 288 cases.
New COVID-19 related deaths were reported in HCM City, Kien Giang, An Giang, Bình Dương, Tiền Giang, Tay Ninh, Bình Thuận, Cần Thơ, Bạc Lieu, Ninh Thuận (2), Ha Noi, Ha Giang, Đắk Lắk, Đồng Nai, Đồng Thap and Vĩnh Long.
The data showed, 3,947 patients nationwide are in serious condition, with 13 on life support (ECMO).
A further 5,257 patients were given the all-clear, taking the total number of recoveries to 863,311, According to the Health Ministry’s report.
Nearly 99 million doses of vaccines have been administered in Vietnam to date, with more than 34.6 million people now fully inoculated, Vietnam News Agency citied a report from health ministry.
- Vietnam surpasses 150,000 total COVID-19 cases as up to 43,157 patients recovered
- 2,861 more Covid-19 infections was recorded on this morning
- Vietnam records 4,513 COVID-19 infections on October 9
- Vietnam sees 457,505 patients recovered from Covid-19, 34.09 million vaccine shots conducted
- Covid-19 updates: Vietnam logs 4,941 new cases in the past 12 hours, total reaches 205,656
- Vietnam logs 12,680 new COVID-19 infections, 335 deaths
- Vietnam records an additional 5,155 new Covid-19 cases in the past 12 hours
- Vietnam logs another 95 domestic Covid-19 cases and one more death Sunday noon
- COVID-19: 7,307 new infections recorded on July 23