The beauty of Toc Tien waterfall amidst a primeval old forest
NDO - Located in the south of Quang Binh province, adjacent to Quang Tri province, Dong Chau - Khe Nuoc Trong Nature Reserve in Le Thuy district has a tropical forest ecosystem at an altitude of nearly 700m above sea level. In addition to the lush natural forests, many waterfalls and streams amidst the old forests promise to be attractive destinations for visitors, such as Toc Tien waterfall and Duong Cam stream.
Dong Chau – Khe Nuoc Trong has rich flora and fauna, including many rare species listed in the Red Book of Vietnam and the world. It has been identified by the International Union for Conservation of Nature as a key biodiversity area connecting Vietnam and Laos.
Old ferns grow on the banks of the streams.
In the Nature Reserve, systems of lowland evergreen forest and subtropical moist evergreen closed forest are relatively intact.
The clear and cool springs are ideal stopovers for visitors during their journey, helping them explore the nature of the southwestern region of Quang Binh province.
In the ecological restoration and administrative – service subdivisions of this nature reserve, there are many beautiful waterfalls suitable for tourism.
Toc Tien waterfall attracts many visitors who take beautiful photos.
Many old wooden trees have fallen down and become bridges across Duong Cam stream.
Young people are eager to enjoy the enchanting and wild scenery.
With its attractive tourism potential, Quang Binh province expects to exploit ecotourism in the administrative - service subdivision of Dong Chau - Khe Nuoc Trong Nature Reserve.
HUONG GIANG, CUONG TRAN
Translated by NDO
- Discover the famous flora and fauna of Nà Hẩu Nature Reserve
- See the world biosphere reserve in Vietnam newly recognized by UNESCO
- Waterfall in the middle of the primeval forest in the West Truong Son
- K50 Waterfall in Vietnam s Central Highland a truly heaven on Earth
- Binh Chau hot spring: A perfect place to refresh
- Watching the waterfall is like a “sleeping princess in the forest” in the Central Highlands
- Quang Ninh enjoys potential for forestry tourism development
- Ru Linh primeval forest – ‘Green lung’ of Quang Tri tourism
- Quang Binh tourist destination: Mo Waterfall “a symphony” among the great thousand