A Hanoi official presents relief aid to disaster-hit provinces. (Photo: Ha Noi Moi)
NDO/VNA - The Party Committee, People’s Council, People’s Committee and Vietnam Fatherland Front (VFF) Committee of Hanoi on November 12 presented relief aid to central and northwestern provinces to help them overcome disaster consequences.
Accordingly, the municipal VFF Committee allocated VND7 billion (US$300,000) from the city's relief fund to support Nghe An, Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Hoa Binh, Lao Cai, Quang Binh and Thua Thien-Hue, each VND1 billion. The sum will be sent to bank accounts of their respective VFF committees.
Chairwoman of the municipal VFF Committee Nguyen Lan Huong conveyed profound sympathies to people of the affected provinces and families of victims.
The city also suggested the provinces learn about residents’ demand to offer them practical, timely and effective support, thus helping them stabilise lives.
On behalf of the provinces, Secretary of the Hoa Binh Provincial Party Committee Ngo Van Tuan thanked the municipal Party Committee, authorities and people of Hanoi for their relief aid.
He said the provinces will use the sum for the right purpose to overcome difficulties together with the nation.
In October, central and northern provinces suffered severe human and material losses caused by storms, heavy rains and landslides.
- Hanoi supports flood victims in central region
- Canada to bring disaster relief to Ha Tinh, Quang Tri
- Relief aid delivered to storm victims in Quang Nam
- Gov’t allocates US$ 29 mln for central localities to overcome storm consequences
- Hanoi: donations to flood and flood victims in the Center
- Launch of a fundraising movement to support disaster victims at the Center
- Severe floods wreak havoc on central Vietnam
- PM approves VND80 bln for three flood-hit Central provinces
- The PM decides to provide 5000 tons of rice to the victims of the floods in the Center