Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally in the fourth wave starting late April increased to 947,733 after 7,487 new cases confirmed on Friday.
According to health ministry, three cities with the highest numbers of new infections were Dong Nai with 953 cases and Binh Duong with 917, and Ho Chi Minh City with 912.
Related: Nike manufacturers in Vietnam back to full operations as Covid under control
On Friday, the ministry announced another 70 Covid-19 deaths, including 33 in HCMC. The total Covid-19 death toll so far rose to 22,412, accounting for around 2.4 percent of all infections.
Another 1,941 patients recovered, raising the number of recoveries since the start of the pandemic to 837,347.
So far, over 59.4 million people have been vaccinated. Of which, 26.9 million have been fully vaccinated.
Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally in the fourth batch starting at the end of April rose to 947,733 after the Health Ministry confirmed 7,487 new cases on Friday.
The data showed, more than 59.4 million people have been vaccinated. Of these, 26.9 million children have been fully immunized.
- Covid-19: Vietnam logs 9,150 new cases as vaccination campaign reaches over 13 million people
- Vietnam logs 5,382 new Covid-19 cases, tally of the fourth wave reaches 809,376.
- Vietnam reaches 728,435 Covid cases, death toll surpasses 18,000
- Vietnam sees the lowest daily tally in 78 days, 47 million people vaccinated
- Covid-19: Vietnam now ranks 77th among 222 countries in terms of infection numbers
- New Covid-19 wave tally in Vietnam tops 1,162,000
- Covid-19: Vietnam logs another 9,580 new cases as HCMC will continue social distancing
- Vietnam logs 4,150 new COVID-19 cases alongside 1,402 recoveries and 120 fatalities