At the handover ceremony held on November 4. (Photo: Xuan Son/NDO)
NDO – The Vietnamese Ambassador to Laos Nguyen Ba Hung on November 4 handed over teaching equipment donated by the Vietnamese Ministry of Education and Training to Nguyen Du Lao-Vietnamese Bilingual School in Vientiane.
In his address during the handover ceremony, Ambassador Hung said that the gifts demonstrate the care of the Vietnamese Party, State and Ministry of Education and Training for the Vietnamese community in Laos as well as the Nguyen Du Lao-Vietnamese Bilingual School.
He expressed his hope that the gifts will be used effectively to assist teachers and students at the school in teaching and learning.
The diplomat affirmed that the Vietnamese Embassy in Laos will always support the school so that the students can attain higher academic achievements in the future and to turn the school become a flagship for Vietnamese people in Laos.
The gifts include textbooks and reference books from grades 1-12, dictionaries, magazines, colouring books, toys for kindergarten children, and other teaching equipment.
Principal Sivanheuang Phengkhammay expressed her gratitude to the Vietnamese Ministry of Education and Training and the Vietnamese Embassy in Laos, saying that the gifts are an expression of Vietnam’s attention and care for the overseas Vietnamese community as well as teachers and students of the school.
Nguyen Du Lao-Vietnamese Bilingual School was established in 2005 under the sponsorship of the Vietnamese Government. The school provides education for more than 1,000 students from kindergarten to the 12th grade.
- Nguyen Du Lao-Vietnamese bilingual school opens new school year
- President's spouse receives representatives of Lao-Vietnamese bilingual language school
- Unitel helps Nguyen Du bilingual school improve quality
- USD 25 600 donated for equipment purchase for Friendship Primary School in Champasak Laos
- Over 70% of high school graduates apply for universities
- New school year to begin on September 1
- HCM City gifts USD 25 653 to Champasak Friendship Primary School
- Vietnam’s new school year to begin on September 5 as usual
- HCMC recruits 514 teachers, employees in education sector for new school year