Illustrative image (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Vietnam recorded 3,985 cases of COVID-19 on October 22, including eight imported cases, according to the Ministry of Health.
Ho Chi Minh City still recorded the highest number of infections with 1,205, followed by neighbouring Binh Duong province with 471 and Dong Nai province with 417.
The national tally now stands at 881,522.
According to the Ministry of Health’s report, 3,073 patients nationwide are in serious conditions, with 383 requiring invasive ventilation and 16 on life support (ECMO).
On the day, the country saw 56 deaths from the disease. The death toll now hits 21,543.
A further 5,202 patients were given the all-clear, taking the total number of recoveries to 803,326.
By October 21, the country had injected over 70.48 million doses of vaccines to date, with more than 20.15 million people now fully inoculated.
- COVID-19: Vietnam reports 3,528 cases on October 10
- Vietnam records 4,513 COVID-19 infections on October 9
- COVID-19: 3,221 cases added to national count
- Vietnam reports 5,383 new cases of COVID-19 on October 4
- Vietnam records additional 3,797 COVID-19 cases on October 15
- Additional 5,376 COVID-19 cases reported on October 3
- COVID-19: 9,706 new cases added to national tally
- Additional 12,663 COVID-19 cases logged on August 29
- COVID-19: additional 11,692 cases recorded on September 21