Workers in Hai Phong are vaccinated against COVID-19.
NDO/VNA - Vietnam on October 16 reported 3,221 new infections of COVID-19, including 10 imported cases, according to the Ministry of Health.
The figure is 578 cases lower than the previous day.
Ho Chi Minh City detected the highest number of infections with 790, followed by Dong Nai province with 397 and Binh Duong province with 385.
The national tally now stands at 860,860, including 856,197 cases recorded since the outset of the fourth coronavirus wave in late April
The Ministry of Health also reported that 3,528 patients nationwide are in serious conditions, with 471 requiring invasive ventilation and 19 on life support (ECMO).
On the same day, the country saw 88 deaths from the disease. The death toll now hits 21,131.
A further 1,581 patients were given the all-clear, taking the total recoveries to 790,504
By October 15, the country had injected nearly 60.52 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines, with more than 17.62 million people now fully vaccinated.
- COVID-19: Vietnam reports 3,528 cases on October 10
- Vietnam records 4,513 COVID-19 infections on October 9
- Vietnam reports 5,383 new cases of COVID-19 on October 4
- Vietnam logs 12,680 new COVID-19 infections, 335 deaths
- Vietnam records additional 3,797 COVID-19 cases on October 15
- Additional 5,376 COVID-19 cases reported on October 3
- Additional 4,254 COVID-19 cases reported on August 2 evening
- Additional 13,321 COVID-19 cases reported on September 10
- 3,960 fresh domestic Covid-19 cases, 342 deaths confirmed