The campaign in the city sets goals to install 35 new hand washing sinks to prevent infectious diseases; build 30 playgrounds for children; implement 24 health communication programs for the public; provide medical examination and consultation and medicine distribution for 31,500 people; and give 12,000 youths free job consultation. The campaign will continue until August 16.
Themed “Young Vietnamese act creatively and voluntarily for the community”, the national summer youth volunteer program will focus on helping people in disadvantaged localities, remote coastal communes, and islands. Young volunteers will engage in environmental protection, blood donation, helping students during their exam periods, and other social programs.
The Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union targeted to repair and build 2,500 km of rural road, offer medical checks and treatment for 200,000 people, and build 700 charity houses nationwide.
- Summer Youth Volunteer Campaign 2020 launched
- HCMC campaign aims to improve children’s awareness of environmental protection
- Additional 60 young volunteer doctors sent to disadvantaged areas
- International Youth Day 2020 promotes climate change initiatives
- Nearly 2,000 people join blood donation drive in Thanh Hoa
- Bach Mai Hospital launches remote medical examination and treatment centre
- A charity campaign launched on the iNhandao
- Red Journey campaign features a record number of participating localities
- Vietnam – ASEAN Youth Festival kicks off in Hanoi