As the situation improves in Asia, Vietnam will resume one to two international flights a week to Guangzhou, Taiwan, Seoul, and Tokyo from mid-July.
Three airports that will be allowed to receive international flights are Noi Bai Airport in Hanoi, Tan Son Nhat Airport in HCM City and Danang Airport in Danang. The government will review and adjust the plan in accordance with the outbreak development. In the future, more Asian flights will be resumed when the situation improves and bilateral agreements with other countries are reached.
Priority will be given to passengers that are Vietnamese nationals, experts, investors, highly-skilled workforce and family relatives. Passengers from other countries can enter Vietnam when they transit through Guangzhou, Taiwan, Seoul, and Tokyo and follow all medical regulations. However, they must contact agencies in Vietnam that can give them guaranty before booking tickets. After acquiring the entry permit from the Ministry of Public Security, they can contact diplomatic missions to complete the procedures.
At the government regular meeting on July 10, PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc asked the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Vietnam embassies in foreign countries to work together to resume Asian flights and increase the number of repatriation flights.
The PM also asked related agencies to expand group quarantine centres and open more quarantine areas for quick access such as hotels or military guest houses for at least 10,000 people. The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, the authorities in Hanoi and HCM City were asked to set up more quarantine areas and be prepared to receive the military and tourists.
He also approved of the proposal to set up safe zones at the border gates for negotiations and contract signing.
- Vietnam to resume international flights from August
- Vietnam reopens int’l air services to some Asian countries from mid-July
- International flights could resume in early August
- Vietnam to soon resume flights to China, Cambodia, Laos and Taiwan
- International commercial flights resumed from September 15
- Vietnam national flag carrier eyes to resume international flights starting July
- Vietnam Airlines eyes July resumption of international flights
- Vietnam to reconnect international flights soon September
- T’way Airlines to resume one-way flights from Vietnam to Korea
- Vietnam prepares plans for resuming commercial flights to 6 Asian destinations