Hanoi has allowed airlines to resume flights between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City and Da Nang from October 10 to 20. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi has established a monitoring centre with 2,000 surveillance cameras to serve COVID-19 contact tracing.
Leaders of the Ministry of Transport, the Hanoi People’s Committee and the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam have inspected the observance of regulations at Noi Bai airport as domestic flights have been resumed.
Deputy Transport Minister Le Anh Tuan asked airlines and Noi Bai airport to make it clear regulations and procedures that are being rolled out, ensuring that all passengers are free from the coronavirus.
Messages on pandemic prevention and control, and quarantine should be spread among passengers in a simple way, he said.
To Tu Ha, Director of Noi Bai International Airport, affirmed that aviation businesses have set up a “green corridor”, minimised social interactions, and followed regulations on pandemic prevention and control.
Up to 98.9% of the airport’s staff have been fully vaccinated. The airport has also built a database on vaccination for all of its 15,800 employees, while utilising QR codes in contact tracing.
The airport is equipped with an automatic system measuring passengers’ body temperatures, and singling out those who cross the gates with their masks off or pulled down under their noses.
Hanoi has allowed airlines to resume routes between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City and Da Nang from October 10 to 20, with one return flight on each route per day, carrying only 50% of their passenger capacity.
- Passenger flow at Hanoi airport surges as domestic tourism recovers
- Aviation authority proposes shortening Noi Bai airport closure
- Number of air passengers on HCMC-Hanoi route forced down
- Number of passengers at Noi Bai Airport plunges due to Covid-19
- Aviation authority proposes shortening Noi Bai airport closure time
- Noi Bai airport planned to welcome 63 million passengers per year
- Lao Airlines to resume flights on Vientiane-Hanoi route
- Vietnam Airlines simplifies transit procedures for Con Dao visitors
- Passengers to several major cities exempt from concentrated quarantine