By the end of September 30th, 2021, the bank's total assets reached more than VND 346 trillion, up 26.7% over the same period last year. Outstanding loans increased by 16.1% over the same period.
The stand-alone bad debt ratio remained low at below 1%, and the consolidated bad debt ratio was at 1.4%, both lower than the same period last year. Outstanding loans in potential high-risk areas and restructuring debts were well controlled.
The bank's total operating income exceeded VND 12,100 billion, up 23.6% over the same period last year. Service activities continued to be the bright spot in the first 9 months, with net income increased 88.6% year on year. Notably, net income from services at the parent bank more than tripled in the same period last year thanks to the growth of banca and payment services segments. Operating costs were optimized as cost/total operating income ratio reduced from 43.8% as of September 30th, 2020 to 39%.
ROE reached 24%, a sharp increase from 21.1% in the same period last year. Capital adequacy and liquidity were guaranteed with CAR (Basel II) reaching 13%.
In the first 9 months of the year, HDBank actively promoted digital transformation, promptly meeting the transaction needs of customers in the context of the pandemic: implementing eKYC, opening online accounts (eAccount); 24/7 online credit approval (eCredit); issuing online L/C (eLC) or transferring money internationally (eTT), granting 100% online credit from receipt of documents to disbursement, expanding non-cash payment solutions.
Overcoming the impact of the pandemic, HDBank's business activities continued to record steady progress towards completing and exceeding the 2021 plan.
- In the first half, many banks’ profit dropped according to the “scenario”, the bright spot is the strong provisioning increase
- Banking “rush” to finish the plan soon but burden on bad debts
- Vietcombank’s 6-month profit is approximately the same period in 2019, about 11,300 billion dong
- Will Sacombank finish handling the VAMC bad debt in 2022 and outstanding interest accrued in 2024?
- Bad debts of banks continued to grow
- Sacombank profit reaches 61.7 million USD in first half
- HD Bank’s profit up 31.5 pct. in H1
- Banks report higher profits
- HDBank remains on high growth path in Q3