COVAX delivered an additional 1,999,530 life-saving doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine made available by the United States to assist Vietnam in its fight against COVID-19. These vaccine doses were delivered by COVAX directly from the Pfizer manufacturing plant in Kalamazoo, Michigan. A total of 1,209,780 doses arrived in two deliveries to Ho Chi Minh City on October 7 and October 8 and a total of 789,750 doses arrived in two deliveries to Hanoi on October 8 and October 13.
This follows four previous COVAX deliveries to Vietnam totaling 7.5 million vaccine doses made available by the United States, bringing the total to 9.5 million COVID-19 vaccine doses so far, and more is planned.
The United States and Vietnam continue to build on our longstanding cooperation with nearly $1 billion U.S. government investment in Vietnam’s health infrastructure to strengthen Vietnam’s capacity to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, the United States has committed more than $26.7 million in COVID-19 related assistance to Vietnam since the start of the pandemic.
At the Global COVID-19 Summit on September 22, the President announced a commitment to provide an additional 500 million Pfizer doses, bringing the U.S. total commitment to more than 1.1 billion doses.
Worldwide, the United States has provided more than 175 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines to more than 100 countries. The United States will continue to donate additional vaccine doses globally as supply becomes available. the United States is also working with U.S. vaccine manufacturers to increase vaccine supply for the rest of the world and with partners to expand global vaccine production and manufacturing capacity to beat this pandemic.
- Vietnam Receives 1,499,940 Pfizer Vaccine Doses from COVAX
- US Donates More 600.000 Vaccine Doses to Vietnam
- The US donated an additional 1.5 million Pfizer vaccine doses to Vietnam
- Vietnam will get 31 Million Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine doses this year
- The US gives over 1M doses of vaccine to Vietnam, raising total number of vaccine donations to Vietnam to 8.5M by now.
- Three million Moderna vaccine doses to arrive in Vietnam this week
- 2 Million U.S.-donated Moderna Vaccine Doses Arrive in Hanoi
- Vietnam receives first batch of Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine
- How many doses of COVID-19 vaccine are on their way to Vietnam?
- First 100,000 Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine doses to arrive in Vietnam on July 7