President Nguyen Xuan Phuc (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA - President Nguyen Xuan Phuc on October 12 sent a letter to his US counterpart Joe Biden thanking the US Government for helping Vietnam with vaccines, medicine and medical supplies and equipment to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
President Phuc appreciates the efforts made by the Biden administration to support countries in the world in containing COVID-19 outbreaks and overcoming the difficulties brought by the pandemic.
He expressed a wish that the US would continue to assist Vietnam in the fight against the pandemic, and Pfizer would early deliver to Vietnam 31 million doses of vaccine as it had committed during his visit to the company’s headquarters in New York last September, so that the country could inoculate children from 12 to 18 years old.
Also on October 12, the Health Ministry received 77 ultra-low temperature freezers donated by the US Government.
So far, the US Government has provided Vietnam with 8.5 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines through the COVAX mechanism, and granted directly 1 million doses of vaccine and 77 ultra-low temperature freezers for vaccine storage.
- Vietnamese President sends letter to US counterpart
- Pfizer pledges full delivery of 31 million vaccine doses to Vietnam
- Remarks by President Nguyen Xuan Phuc at Summit on Ending the Pandemic and Building Back Better
- Vietnamese President holds phone talks with Romanian counterpart
- Vietnam Receives 1,499,940 Pfizer Vaccine Doses from COVAX
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc holds phone talk with Russian counterpart
- Vietnam receives ultra-low temperature freezers from US
- United States Donates 111 Ultra-low Temperature Freezers to Vietnam
- President meets German counterpart, concludes US trip
- US President hopes for stronger cooperation with Vietnam in climate change response