The ceremony to receive 77 ultra-low temperature freezers donated by the US (Photo: MOH)
NDO/VNA - The Health Ministry’s National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology held a ceremony in Hanoi on October 12 to receive 77 ultra-low temperature freezers donated by the US.
Speaking at the event, Deputy Minister of Health Truong Quoc Cuong highlighted the significance of the donation, saying that it is a meaningful gesture that is a great source of encouragement for the Vietnamese Government and people amid the current difficult period.
He said previously, the US Government also presented and provided 9.5 million doses of Moderna and Pfizer vaccines to Vietnam via COVAX Facility mechanism when the entire Vietnamese political system and people were striving to control the spread of the pandemic.
Charge d'Affaires a.i at the US Embassy in Vietnam Christopher Klein, for his part, recalled that Vietnam had presented millions of personal protective suits to the US during the hardest period of fighting the pandemic last year.
He expressed his belief that with cooperation, the countries will defeat the pandemic.
- United States Donates 111 Ultra-low Temperature Freezers to Vietnam
- US-donated vaccines delivered to Vietnam
- Two million Moderna vaccine doses donated by U.S. arrive in Vietnam
- 2 Million U.S.-donated Moderna Vaccine Doses Arrive in Hanoi
- Over 97 000 Pfizer Vaccine Doses Arrive in Vietnam
- 3 Million Doses Of Moderna Vaccine Donated By US Arrive In Vietnam
- Vietnam receives 300,000 AstraZeneca vaccine doses from Australia
- U.S. Embassy presents Covid-19 lab equipment to Defence Ministry
- The US donated an additional 1.5 million Pfizer vaccine doses to Vietnam