The United States is donating 111 ultra-low temperature freezers to Vietnam to help vaccine distribution throughout the country. U.S. Mission Charge d’Affaires, a.i., Christopher Klein handed over the first 36 freezers on October 12 to the Ministry of Health at the National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology, with the remaining 75 to follow later this month.
Fourteen larger units will stay in Hanoi to improve national and regional distribution capacity for COVID-19 vaccines requiring ultra-cold storage, like the 3.1 million Pfizer vaccines that arrived from the United States via COVAX over the past 10 days. The rest will provide storage at the Pasteur Institute in Ho Chi Minh City and for each province. Together, United States and Vietnam will win the fight against COVID-19.
This week, the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention has donated an initial of 9,950 respirators to Vietnam to prevent Tuberculosis (TB) and COVID-19. US CDC will also provide additional training and support for implementation of a respiratory protection program in the coming weeks. Additional respirators have been purchased and are on the way to Vietnam!
The supply will be used at Pham Ngoc Thach Hospital and distributed to key district health centers to support the respiratory protection program for health care workers. The donation of the respirators is part of our commitment to support Vietnam in fighting against COVID-19.
This week, Acting U.S. Consul General Robert Greenan handed over 30 USAID-donated oxygen concentrators to Blue Sky Social Enterprise, a community-based organization working on HIV. This life-saving equipment enables families to provide COVID-19 care at home.
ACG Greenan also discussed continued support for people living with HIV and other vulnerable communities during the pandemic. We are proud to stand with Vietnam in the fight against COVID-19.
397,800 more doses of Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine have safely arrived in Hanoi on October 8th, bringing the total number of vaccine donations from the United States to Vietnam to nearly 8.5 million doses. And more is on the way in a few days!.This shipment is the example of our commitment to Vietnam in fighting against COVID-19 pandemic.
- US Donates More 600.000 Vaccine Doses to Vietnam
- U.S. pledges US$4.5 million to help Vietnam fight Covid-19
- Vietnam Receives 1,499,940 Pfizer Vaccine Doses from COVAX
- 2 Million U.S.-donated Moderna Vaccine Doses Arrive in Hanoi
- Three million Moderna vaccine doses to arrive in Vietnam this week
- A peek into cold storage preserving thousands of Covid 19 vaccines in Vietnam
- US Considers Donating More Covid 19 Vaccines to Vietnam Says Ambassador
- Two million Moderna vaccine doses donated by U.S. arrive in Vietnam
- The United States offers Vietnam 100 new
- 300 Japan-UNICEF supported vaccine refrigerators arrive in Vietnam