Vaccination as the key solution in the pandemic fight. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh has requested the administrations at all levels to change their mindset and adjust COVID-19 prevention and control measures to suit the real situation.
According to an annoucement of the PM's conclusion at the meeting of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control on October 9, PM Chinh, who is also head of the committee, asked localities across the country to focus on a number of major tasks, including issuing documents detailing pandemic control measures in accordance with the government's directions.
They should show close coordination in transporting, receiving and managing people returning from other localities, considering vaccination as the key solution in pandemic fight, designing suitable roadmap to safely, flexibly and effectively adapt to COVID-19 and recover business and production, the Government leader said.
At the same time, they should increase communications in a specific and transparent manner to avoid wrongful information from hostile forces, the PM asked.
He also assigned the Ministry of Health to continue giving directions to localities on safe and effective vaccination activities.
The Ministry of Information and Communications and the Ministry of Public Security were requested to work together in operating a united database serving pandemic prevention and control activities.
At the same time, the Ministries of National Defence, Public Security, and Health were asked to collaborate closely with localities in regulating backup forces to ensure close monitoring over the pandemic.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs was requested to cooperate with relevant ministries, sectors and localities to implement a roadmap to apply COVID-19 vaccine passport.
Meanwhile, the Ministry of Education and Training was directed to design plans on safe teaching and studying and allowing students to return to school, especially in remote, mountainous and island areas.
- Prime Minister becomes head of national steering committee for COVID-19 prevention
- New approach, solutions needed in COVID-19 fight: PM
- PM assigned as Head of National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control
- Localities asked to minimize social distancing impact on socioeconomic development
- PM chairs national teleconference on COVID-19 prevention and control
- PM works with eight southern localities on pandemic control measures
- Prime Minister orders more drastic actions to fight COVID-19
- PM inspects pandemic prevention and control in Ho Chi Minh City
- 8 localities criticized for lax pandemic prevention, control