A person in Dong Nai Province is vaccinated against COVID-19.
NDO/VNA - Vietnam recorded 3,528 new cases of COVID-19 on October 10, a drop of 999 cases compared to the previous day, according to the Ministry of Health.
Among these new cases, 15 were imported.
HCM City recorded the highest number of infections with 1,067, followed by neighbouring Binh Duong province with 782 and Dong Nai province with 662.
The national tally now stands at 839,662, including 835,036 cases recorded in the fourth wave of infection that has swept the country since late April.
According to the Ministry of Health’s report, 5,014 patients nationwide are in serious conditions, with 668 requiring invasive ventilation and 22 on life support (ECMO).
On the day, the country saw 113 deaths from the disease. The death toll now hits 20,555.
A further 21,398 patients were given the all-clear, taking the total number of recoveries to 782,199.
By October 9, the country had injected over 53.23 million doses of vaccines to date, with more than 14.97 million people now fully inoculated.
- Vietnam records 4,513 COVID-19 infections on October 9
- Vietnam reports 5,383 new cases of COVID-19 on October 4
- Vietnam reaches 728,435 Covid cases, death toll surpasses 18,000
- Vietnam sees lowest daily COVID-19 infections in a month, total tops 800,000
- Additional 5,376 COVID-19 cases reported on October 3
- COVID-19: 10,508 cases added to national caseload on September 14
- COVID-19: additional 11,692 cases recorded on September 21
- Vietnam reports 9,180 new COVID-19 cases on August 13
- Two imported cases of COVID-19 reported on October 15