Vietnam health ministry reported a further 4,513 new COVID-19 infections on Saturday, a decrease of 261 compared with the day before.
The total caseload since the beginning of the pandemic now stands at 836,134.
Among the new cases recorded on Saturday, there was an imported case, the remaining 4,512 infections were all domestic. A total of 2,173 cases were detected in the community.
Related: Grab launched GrabCar Protect in HCMC from Oct 7
According to the Ministry of Health, HCMC recorded the most with 1,662, followed by Binh Duong with 820 and Dong Nai with 575. Just one new infection was reported in the capital city of Hanoi.
As many as 1,319 patients were given the all-clear on Saturday, meaning 760,801 people have recovered from the disease so far.
More than 51.9 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered.
Nine out of 63 provinces and cities have not seen any new cases for the past 14 days.
The Ministry of Health on Saturday also announced 105 fatalities related to COVID-19, in HCMC (74), Binh Duong (18), An Giang (5), Dong Nai (3), Tiền Giang (2), Tay Ninh (2) and Hanoi (1).
The country has reported 20,442 deaths related to COVID-19, making up 2.4 per cent of the total patients, Vietnam News Agency reported.
- Vietnam sees lowest daily COVID-19 infections in a month, total tops 800,000
- Covid updates: Vietnam logs 5,275 new cases, total reaches 83,191
- Vietnam records 4,513 COVID-19 infections on October 9
- Half of 94 new Covid cases recorded in Vietnam’s HCMC Saturday morning
- New daily Covid-19 infections still near 10,000
- Covid-19 cases break records daily in Vietnam
- Additional 12,663 COVID-19 cases logged on August 29
- Additional 5,376 COVID-19 cases reported on October 3
- HCMC’s Covid-19 infections exceed 41,000