At the event (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – The People's Committee of the central Quang Binh province on October 8 held a meeting with a local working delegation which will set off for Laos’ Khammouane province to aid its COVID-19 prevention and control on October 11.
The group, including members directly taking part in COVID-19 testing and other management and treatment works in Khammouane as well as sharing pandemic-prevention experience with their Lao peers, will work in the neighbouring country for 15 days.
Headed by deputy director of the provincial Department of External Affairs Nguyen Thanh Xuan, the delegation gathers personnel from Quang Binh’s center for disease control, Military Command, and Border Guard Command.
According to the centre, the group will bring two RT-PCR testing systems, biological products for 15,000 single test samples, and 1,000 hand tests, and other modern medical equipment to support the Lao province.
Speaking at the meeting, Chairman of the provincial People’s Committtee Tran Thang stressed that the sending of the delegation aims to promote the sense of responsibility, mutual support, solidarity, and friendship between Vietnam and Laos.
A representative of the delegation stated that they will make efforts to complete their mission in line with regulations on COVID-19 prevention and control.
- Deputy Health Minister works with Quang Nam on COVID-19 combat
- HCMC gives long An, Binh Phuoc US$104,000 financial aid to fight Covid-19
- Thua Thien Hue gifts medical equipment to two Lao provinces
- Over 30 Vietnamese experts ready for COVID-19 support mission in Laos
- Vietnamese localities Consulate General in Luang Prabang support Laos in Covid 19 battle
- Quang Nam strives to speed up COVID-19 testing
- The Friendship Association of Da Nang backs Laos in their struggle against Covid-19
- Quang Ninh expands COVID-19 testing on risky groups
- People Volunteer at Frontline of Covid 19 Pandemic