Presenting motorbikes to residents in a programme (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Ho Chi Minh City's welfare centre on October 9 launched its app that facilitates philanthropists' assistance for needy people.
Using the app, people in need can send their requests for aid packages worth VND300,000, 400,000 and 700,000 (US$13, 17.6, and 30.8). After a seven-day process following the acceptance of the donors, the centre will present the gifts to the requesters.
The launch was part of a ceremony to kick off the city’s action month for the poor this year.
Speaking at the ceremony, Chairwoman of the municipal Vietnam Fatherland Front Committee To Thi Bich Chau highlighted the participation of the entire society, including organisations, businesses, and individuals, in charity work in the city.
She urged continued assistance to come in aid of the needy, orphans, and other disadvantaged groups in Ho Chi Minh City so that they can soon overcome their difficulties.
At the event, the committee raised more than VND10 billion, while the centre received the donation of 15,000 welfare packages valued at VND4.5 billion in total.
In the first nine months of this year, the city collected VND115 billion for its fund for the poor and spent VND113 billion on building and upgrading charity houses as well as grant scholarships and gifts for the group, among other activities.
- Tet gifts presented to needy people nationwide
- Hanoi launches “Month for the poor and social welfare”
- Hanoi: launch of For the Poor 2020 month
- Gifts presented to needy people amidst COVID-19
- Vice President delivers COVID-19 aid to Dong Thap
- Timely support given to needy people nationwide to overcome COVID-19 difficulties
- Nearly 79% of adults in Ho Chi Minh City have at least one COVID-19 shot
- Organizations Individuals Support Hanoi in Covid 19 Fight
- Ho Chi Minh City launches interesting tourist programme to lure visitors