Illustrative image (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Vietnam recorded 4,513 new cases of COVID-19 on October 9, a drop of 293 cases compared to the previous day, according to the Ministry of Health.
Among these new cases, one was imported and 4,512 were local transmissions. Of these, 2,173 were detected in the community.
Ho Chi Minh City recorded the highest number of infections with 1,662, a reduction of 553 cases against the previous day. It was followed by neighbouring Binh Duong province with 820 and Dong Nai province with 575.
The other cases were detected in An Giang (308), Soc Trang (192), Binh Thuan (122), Kien Giang (133), Dak Lak (85) and Dong Thap (81). The capital city of Hanoi reported only one infection.
The national tally now stands at 836,134, including 831,523 cases recorded in the fourth wave of infection that has swept the country since late April.
According to the Ministry of Health’s report, 5,014 patients nationwide are in serious conditions, with 668 requiring invasive ventilation and 22 on life support (ECMO).
On the day, the country saw 105 deaths from the disease, including 74 in Ho Chi Minh City, 18 in Binh Duong, five in An Giang, three in Dong Nai, two each in Tien Giang and Tay Ninh, and one in Hanoi. The death toll now hits 22,442, accounting for 2.4 percent of total cases.
A further 1,319 patients were given the all-clear, taking the total number of recoveries to 760,801.
Nine provinces and cities have not detected any new infections in the last 14 days. They are Bac Kan, Tuyen Quang, Lai Chau, Hoa Binh, Ha Giang, Thai Nguyen, Dien Bien, Hai Phong and Thai Binh.
Almost 1.055 million vaccine doses were administered in Vietnam on October 8. The country has injected 51.96 million doses of vaccines to date, with more than 14.2 million people now fully inoculated.
- Vietnam reports 5,383 new cases of COVID-19 on October 4
- Vietnam records 12,481 new COVID-19 cases
- COVID-19: 7,307 new infections recorded on July 23
- Vietnam reports 7,244 new COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam records 11,214 new COVID-19 cases on August 22
- Vietnam reports 852 new Covid-19 cases
- 2,861 more Covid-19 infections was recorded on this morning
- 2,180 new Covid-19 cases reported as infection continues spiralling up
- Vietnam records additional 9,605 COVID-19 cases