The latest cases, including 4,147 local and three imported infections, were reported in 43 provinces and cities, the health ministry said, elaborating 1,986 patients were detected in the community.
According to health ministry, Ho Chi Minh City documented 1,730 of the new cases, Binh Duong Province 840, Dong Nai Province 589, An Giang Province 186, Tay Ninh Province 84, Long An Province 84, Khanh Hoa Province 51, Can Tho City 30, Hanoi three, and Da Nang one.
Related: Vietnam sees the lowest daily tally in 78 days, 47 million people vaccinated
The country had confirmed 4,356 locally-infected patients on Wednesday.
Vietnam has found 822,238 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth – and worst – virus wave emerged on April 27, health ministry reported.
The data showed, Ho Chi Minh City is severely impacted with 405,184 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 219,652, Dong Nai Province with 53,140, Long An Province with 33,099, Tien Giang Province with 14,359, Dong Thap Province with 8,488, Khanh Hoa Province with 8,097, Da Nang with 4,925, Hanoi with 4,262, and Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 4,273.
The country logged merely 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in total in the previous three waves.
Health ministry also confirmed 1,402 recoveries on Thursday, bringing the total to 758,488.
According to the report, the toll has mounted to 20,223 deaths after the ministry recorded 120 fatalities on the same day, including 92 in Ho Chi Minh City and 19 in Binh Duong Province.
Vietnam has registered 826,837 patients since the COVID-19 pandemic first struck it early last year.
Health workers have administered over 49 million vaccine doses, including 1,086,638 shots on Wednesday, since inoculation was rolled out on March 8.
Above 12.8 million people have been fully vaccinated.
Vietnam’s health authorities aim to immunize at least two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year, the Tuoi Tre Newspaper reported.
- Vietnam reports nearly 5,900 new community cases in a single day
- Local COVID-19 infections spread to 12 provinces, cities in Vietnam
- Vietnam confirmed nine more Covid-19 community transmissions Wednesday morning
- Vietnam detects 46 local coronavirus infections in Hanoi, four other provinces
- Vietnam sees the lowest daily tally in 78 days, 47 million people vaccinated
- Vietnam sees another 4,806 Covid-19 recoveries, total reaches 85,154
- Covid-19 spreads to 60 of Vietnam’s 63 cities and provinces
- Domestic Covid-19 tally exceeds 150,000 in fourth wave
- New Covid-19 daily cases hit another record high
- Vietnam’s ongoing coronavirus wave’s tally reaches 67,422 cases